Wednesday 4 February 2009


4 February 2009

Here I emerge... bit by bit, feature by feature, post by post, picture by picture I build my virtual personality.
Hi, my name is Svetlana. I come from Russia where I worked as teacher of English for several years. Well, teaching and interacting with children became the thing I enjoy doing. Also I am interested in a cultural diversity as Russia is a country with a rich cultural background. And now I am here where people of different nationalities are brought together. I believe that everyone has a lot to share and everyone is eager to gain. Doing the unit "Teaching and Learning with Emerging Technologies" we can multiple our knowledge. I always remember the quote "Technologies can't replace teachers, but teachers who don't use technologies will replace those who don't".
In my home country I organised a club which name was "Open Windows", it had a double meaning and we used it as a title of the organisaion and as a motto. I believe that now everyone who participates in the course is opening a window to their experience.

1 comment:

  1. why the pink and purple-is it a Russian cultural thing? It certainly stands out...:) pauline

    ReplyDelete